Author Topic: Sefta AGM 19th May  (Read 270 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GrahamJ

  • SEFTA Committee
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Sefta AGM 19th May
« on: May 03, 2018, 10:16 »
Attached agenda for the Sefta AGM which will be held at ETL at 13:00 on Saturday 19th May.
SEFTA Secretary

SuffolkRifle

  • SEFTA Member
  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 97
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 15:32 »
Put some thoughts to the Iceni folks, but will repeat below
Quote
Thought that we already used the BFTA main shoot rules?
One 'vote' for a Summer League here.
Something that might be worth bringing up at the meeting, is the SEFTA/BFTA grading - are SEFTA going to be using the BFTA grading as in the past, or are we 'going it alone'?

Tartan

  • SEFTA Committee
  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 251
  • The other half of SEFTA Comp Sec
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 22:01 »
We shoot a combination of main shot and GP rules. If we shot to main shoot rules we could set all our standers and kneeler to 45 yards. We opted to adopt the GP rule for positionals where the max distance is still 45 yards however the combined distance of both targets in a Lane can’t exceed 60 yards for standers and 70 yards for kneelers. Stops course setters getting a bit lairy and potentially makes it a bit fairer in Winter leagues. Still to this day don’t understand why it isn’t the other way round, surely the elite AA would be more suited to maxed out 45 yard targets in GPs, leaving the majority paint chippers with the combined distance rule. :o
[img=100x20]https://Anschutz2.png[/img]

SteveC

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 248
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 22:59 »
What is it specifically that needs discussing about our WL rules? It was only last year that we decided to have positionals to GP combined rules, surely that doesnt need visiting again? As for any other shoot rules and agenda items, we need specifics for a club to give a true opinion, particularly at such short notice of the AGM otherwise it will just be the opinion of the club rep attending.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 23:01 by SteveC »
Daystate: Definitively proven by someone, somewhere, to possibly be better than some other rifles. Maybe.

Tartan

  • SEFTA Committee
  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 251
  • The other half of SEFTA Comp Sec
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 15:45 »
I’m not sure why it’s on the agenda, I thought we sorted this last year. I know we (SARC) are happy with the rules we have
[img=100x20]https://Anschutz2.png[/img]

GrahamJ

  • SEFTA Committee
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 09:40 »
I’m not sure why it’s on the agenda, I thought we sorted this last year. I know we (SARC) are happy with the rules we have

It's on the agenda at you suggestion Ian, from your post in the committee section.

Review of Winter League shoot rules, Dave and I circulated a few versions, would be good to get agreement.
Summer league - 4 shoots (discussion on here)
New trophies - team, overall (is there one, should we have a new one)
Showdown venue 2019
GP 2019
SEFTA Secretary

SteveC

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 248
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 15:45 »
I’m not sure why it’s on the agenda, I thought we sorted this last year. I know we (SARC) are happy with the rules we have

It's on the agenda at you suggestion Ian, from your post in the committee section.

Review of Winter League shoot rules, Dave and I circulated a few versions, would be good to get agreement.

Wasnt that from before last years AGM?
Daystate: Definitively proven by someone, somewhere, to possibly be better than some other rifles. Maybe.

GrahamJ

  • SEFTA Committee
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 21:21 »
I’m not sure why it’s on the agenda, I thought we sorted this last year. I know we (SARC) are happy with the rules we have

It's on the agenda at you suggestion Ian, from your post in the committee section.

Review of Winter League shoot rules, Dave and I circulated a few versions, would be good to get agreement.

Wasnt that from before last years AGM?

Being blunt Steve no, it was March this year.
SEFTA Secretary

SteveC

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 248
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 21:54 »
I’m not sure why it’s on the agenda, I thought we sorted this last year. I know we (SARC) are happy with the rules we have

It's on the agenda at you suggestion Ian, from your post in the committee section.

Review of Winter League shoot rules, Dave and I circulated a few versions, would be good to get agreement.

Wasnt that from before last years AGM?

Being blunt Steve no, it was March this year.

Oh, ok, just odd though as when Iceni were discussing the AGM today none of the committee knew anything about proposed  changes being circulated this year. I presume this is something that should have been available for review?
Daystate: Definitively proven by someone, somewhere, to possibly be better than some other rifles. Maybe.

NatS

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 443
  • Naternator
    • Iceni
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 07:45 »
Looking through my emails,  draft rules were issued last July.

Tartan

  • SEFTA Committee
  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 251
  • The other half of SEFTA Comp Sec
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48 »
I’m not sure why it’s on the agenda, I thought we sorted this last year. I know we (SARC) are happy with the rules we have

It's on the agenda at you suggestion Ian, from your post in the committee section.

Review of Winter League shoot rules, Dave and I circulated a few versions, would be good to get agreement.

Wasnt that from before last years AGM?

Being blunt Steve no, it was March this year.

Oh, ok, just odd though as when Iceni were discussing the AGM today none of the committee knew anything about proposed  changes being circulated this year. I presume this is something that should have been available for review?

Started the debate back in June last year, the last e-mail to club reps was 20th July last year from Dave and I. The proposal was to accept a set of course guidelines based on main shoot and GP rules. As we (SEFTA) don’t meet or keep minutes the ask from me in March this year was to get them signed off and recorded. I didn’t ask for a debate on accepting main shoot or GP rules, we have shot the revised SEFTA guidelines through the Winter League, however Dave noted that they weren’t always being followed. My ask is to have them formally minuted so we have a referenced agreement rather than having to look back through a year old email thread.

This is what Dave and I sent back in July;

From: David Hatfield <nickyhat@aol.com>
Date: 20 July 2017 at 17:56:22 BST
To: Graham Jopson <g.jopson@virginmedia.com>, Natalie Shead <natalie.king@ntlworld.com>, coeadrian@gmail.com, ian.j.young@icloud.com, eels76@hotmail.co.uk, jasoncheeseman@live.co.uk, andymason007@yahoo.co.uk, kiltyft@gmail.com
Subject: Winter league shoot rules

Good evening
Sorry to have to keep going over this but this is something Ian and myself feel we need to get right , below are the course guidelines we're proposing


1. Each course will consist of 40 targets, of which 20% can be reduced kill zones.
2. The course can be made up of 40mm kills , a maximum of 2 15mm kills and 25mm kill zones
3. The 15mm kills must be between 10 and 25yds. They should also be no higher or lower than 1m from the gate .
The 25mm kills can be between 10 and 35yds .
4. Only 2 of the 25mm to be over 30yds.
5. Each course will consist of 2 standing lanes , the maximum individual target distance of 45yds and the combined distance of both targets must not exceed 60yds.
6. The course will consist of 2 kneeling lanes, the maximum individual target distance of 45yds and the combined distance of both targets must not exceed 70yds.
7. Please remember when setting the course that it needs to cater for all abilities.
8. The hosting club to provide the chronograph that will be used to check each competitors rifle
Can hosting clubs please make sure the chronograph is available before the shoot commences .
9. Stop watches to be used during the shoot, a time limit of 2 minutes per lane

Can each club please confirm if there are happy with the proposed guidelines either by email or face to face with either Ian or myself, we both hope to be at Kent
See you soon
Dave Hatfield
[img=100x20]https://Anschutz2.png[/img]

SteveC

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 248
Re: Sefta AGM 19th May
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 06:39 »
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on the 19th May 2018

Meeting opened at 13:30

In attendance

G Jopson​ETL​GJ​P Ross​ETL​PR - V​B McDonald​SARC​BM
I Young​SARC​IY​B Barcz​SARC​BB - V​D Croucher​KWM​DC- V
S High​Iceni​SH- V​J Cheeseman​ETL​JC​

V = Voting Member

Chairman’s opening remarks

JC Welcomed all to the meeting and thanked all clubs for their contribution to the running of a successful Winter League.

Minutes of previous meeting

There are no minutes available from the 2017 AGM, GJ apologised and explained he only had partial notes and was unable to produce full minutes from these.

Matters arising

No matters arising from previous meeting.

Secretary’s report
GJ commented on the success of the 2017/18 Winter League where we again enjoyed good attendance at all rounds.

GJ thanked Springfield for hosting the Sefta GP and reported he had received lot’s of positive feedback from shooters who thought it was a very good course and enjoyed the shoot.

The regional Team put up a good showing at Anston and finished 4th .


Treasurer’s report
BM distributed copies of the Treasurers Statement and explained the Income/Expenditure for the previous year.
Opening Balance​3,203.50
Income​1,546.00
Expenditure​ ​1,457.96
Balance​3,291.54





Competition secretary’s report
IY thanked the members from Iceni and ETL who helped with the GP.
IY reported that 67 shooters took part in the Winter League and 8 teams.
IY commented that the inters team score only required a slight improvement for the region to be in contention to challenge for the win, Ian suggested that we trial having the silhouettes at Winter League rounds to help improve the scores.
IY discussed how he proposes to plan the dates for the Winter League taking the weather and parking conditions into account to try to ensure we are able to host two rounds at each club.

1. See attached action notes from IY

Election of Committee

The committee stood down and the following members were elected as the Region’s officers.

Chairman​JC​Proposed by BB ​Seconded by IY ​Unanimously agreed by all present.
Secretary​GJ​Proposed by BM​Seconded by IY​ ​Unanimously agreed by all present
Treasurer​BM​Proposed by GJ​Seconded by BB ​Unanimously agreed by all present.
Comp Secretary​CE*​Proposed by DC​Seconded by SH​Unanimously agreed by all present.
Ass Comp Secretary​IY​Proposed by GJ​Seconded by PR​Unanimously agreed by all present.
Social Media Sec​NS*​Proposed by GJ​Seconded by IY​Unanimously agreed by all present.

CE - Colin Eaton, was unable to attend but had informed the secretary of his willingness to stand.
NS – Natalie Shead, it was agreed by all that Nat’s work for Sefta should be formalised..

Agenda items
1. GDPR – The new laws regarding data and privacy are due to become law soon, GJ informed that having looked into this Sefta do not appear to require a policy as a regional body as it holds now personal data for shooters, however it was suggested that each club will need to list Sefta and the BFTA as bodies with which they share data for scores, BFTA cards ect, this consists of only names and no personal data.

2. SEFTA Showdown, Springfield have kindly agree to host the showdown in 2019 to allow ETL to have a year off.

3. 2019 - SEFTA GP Under the policy of rotation it will be Kent Woodsmen’s turn to host but DC confirmed they do not consider the ground suitable to host a GP due to the lack of available land. Therefore ETL are next in line and agreed to host the GP in 2019.

4. Winter League Rules – IY published a set of rules on the Sefta forum foe consideration, it was agreed that these rules should be formally adopted, please see IY attachement for clarification of these rules.

5. Chrono – there was a discussion on the use of the chrono at Winter League rounds, we have been using the policy of each club supplying a chrono at their grounds, however there have been a couple of instances where a chrono was unavailable due to technical issues or equipment failure. It was suggested that Sefta purchase a chrono and the comp Sec will take responsibility for it being made available at all rounds.
This was voted on as follows.
Club​Club Supply​Sefta Supply
Kent Woodsmen​Yes
Iceni​Yes
SARC​Yes
ETL​Yes

​Motion carried, IY agreed to look into and purchase a chrono for Sefta.


6. SEFTA Affiliation fees.
Currently £125, agreed by all that this will remain for 2018.
Fees due 1st June.
Winter League Fees
Currently £6 split £3 to Club and £3 to SEFTA.
Team fee £10
Agreed by all that will remain for the 2018/19 league.

7. Summer League – There was a good discussion on the subject of creating a Summer League, this would be aimed at the regions shooters who do not participate in BFTA events but would avoid date clashes where possible, it was hoped that this might encourage new shooters to try comps.
The format was suggested to be a round at each club consisting of a 30 target course (IY will confirm the rules) but each round would be a double header round I.e the first round to be shot starting at 10am which should mean shooting finished by 12 to 12:30 a break then shoot the course again, this would allow for up to 8 rounds and reduce travelling cost to shooters.
Cost to be £3 per round, a shooter can elect to shoot only one round AM or PM if they wish.
Prizes to be agreed.
DC informed that Kent Woodsmen did not wish to participate as a club, SH commented that Iceni was interested but felt it was to late for this year.
* since the meeting Iceni confirmed they are unable to host a round in 2018 but would hope to participate in 2019
** Since the meeting Springfield have suffed a break in, the club has lost all of it ground maintenance equipment as well as a lot of other valuable shooting equipment which means they are unable to host in 2018 also.
It was agreed that we will defer the creating of a summer League to 2019.

8. Trophy’s – It was agreed that Sefta will purchase two new trophy’s to replace the Division shields which are sadly quite tatty. CE to action.

9. JC raised the possibility of clubs hosting a raffle at each round to raise additional funds for the regional team, after a long discussion it was felt that it would not raise enough funds to make a big difference and the existing budget of £300 to allow for clothing and payment of Champs entry for team shooters was adequate.

AOB

1. BM asked if the new patches designed by Colin Eaton with a new logo was now the official logo? It was agreed to adopt the new logo officially.

Proposed by IY seconded by BB Agreed by all present.

JC thanked all for attending.



Meeting closed at 16:10
Daystate: Definitively proven by someone, somewhere, to possibly be better than some other rifles. Maybe.