Author Topic: The End!!!  (Read 159 times)

NatS

• Administrator
  • Naternator
    • Iceni
The End!!!
« on: March 18, 2018, 15:14 »
Well I'm so glad it didn't get cancelled..... NOT!  I can only say my brain froze along with every other part of me today.   Learned a few lessons though (mainly to stay in bed on sub zero Sundays). 

Well done to all this year's winter league winners.  Some brilliant performances through the season. 

See you at the showdown  (please let it be warm!)

SteveC

• Global Moderator
Re: The End!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 15:50 »

See you at the showdown  (please let it be warm!)

11 degs and sunny forecast at the moment. :)

Today was frustrating to say the least. On one hand I knocked over targets that wouldnt have been a surprise to have dinked but then missed plenty that should have gone over. Oh well, happy enough with my finishing place, beating Dan in the last round was a big ask. :)

Cheers Springfield for putting on the emergency shoot. :)
Daystate: Definitively proven by someone, somewhere, to possibly be better than some other rifles. Maybe.

Springboy

• SEFTA Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 17:19 »
It was very cold today to the point I couldn’t even feel how many pellets I had in my fingers. Put what I thought was a laughable score in only to learn i weren’t alone lol. Good course so thanks to everyone that put it out. See you all at the showdown. Yeeeehaaaaa!!!!

Eaton Rifles

• Global Moderator
  • Half of the SEFTA Comp.Sec.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 15:12 »
So another Winter League comes to a close after a varied season weather wise.
In the 'old' days we would measure fixtures by their wetness, this year I think it's safe to say cold has replaced wet and I know which I'd rather be.
Good to see some new faces (ringers) edging towards the glory bus while some are left running behind trying to jump onboard.
Still always next year I say, give it a few months when it's 25º and you're steaming in your shooting jacket, that blast of cold air would feel very welcome.
Sad to see El Hat aka Dave Hatfield moving back to his native Yorkshire after many happy years taking the mickey out of us Southern pansies. I know he wasn't to everyone's taste but personally I don't think you can find a more upstanding, honest person amongst us and the fact he is also an outstanding shot is a bonus, it's just a pity that due to work he can't represent SEFTA and shoot the Regionals in April.
Aside from the excellent competition and banter everyone has experienced this Winter League, it's also reassuring that another year has passed with a perfect safety record of zero accidents. Gun discipline is generally pretty good with people careful not to muzzle sweep or other bad practices. Remember if you ever see bad safety then say something then and there, don't wait or let it pass as it only takes a fraction of a second for bad practice to become a bad accident.
I've witnessed a few bad incidents with fire-arms over the years and it never has a good ending. Remember - Safety First!