Author Topic: Springfield Not Quite The New Years Day Shoot - Wednesday 27th December  (Read 254 times)

Tartan

• SEFTA Committee
  • The other half of SEFTA Comp Sec
Sorry couldn’t get there today, the crap weather meant work went mental,, so what was the surprise extra 10 targets and who won?
[img=100x20]https://Anschutz2.png[/img]

Eaton Rifles

• Global Moderator
  • Half of the SEFTA Comp.Sec.
Surprise extra 10 targets were racks of five kneeling and standing, I got 9/10 and won though it was a close run with Rex. All started to unravel near the end as my feet and fingers started turning to blocks of ice.
Screw Stalingrad... :o

Tartan

• SEFTA Committee
Well done Col, and what could be better practice for round 5.

Eaton Rifles

• Global Moderator
Well done Col, and what could be better practice for round 5.

Hahaha trust me if round 5 is like that then half the shooters will not bother... ;D

Tartan

• SEFTA Committee
Hmmm ::) let me see, Winter League, January, likelihood of Snow and Wind, Springfield course........sounds like the perfect line up of events to make it, er....memorable

Eaton Rifles

• Global Moderator
Hmmm ::) let me see, Winter League, January, likelihood of Snow and Wind, Springfield course........sounds like the perfect line up of events to make it, er....memorable

Hopefully less memorable for me as my experiences on the 27th prompted me to get a better pair of boots that were actually waterproof. Still leaves hands but hopefully I can sort something a bit more extreme for the 14th though the long range forecast predicts rain not cold at the moment... ;D

SuffolkRifle

• SEFTA Member
Hopefully less memorable for me as my experiences on the 27th prompted me to get a better pair of boots that were actually waterproof. Still leaves hands but hopefully I can sort something a bit more extreme for the 14th though the long range forecast predicts rain not cold at the moment... ;D
About the same as me at ETL - thought boots water proof, found out they weren't when walking between areas. Hands are 'toasty', as picked up a pair of ex French army 'sniper mitts' for £6.99 posted, add to them a hand warmer in each. ;) ;D

NatS

• Administrator
  • Naternator
    • Iceni
Mine were fine but was told when I got them to re-spray them yearly.

Eaton Rifles

• Global Moderator
Mine were fine but was told when I got them to re-spray them yearly.

My 'old' boots were only a year old and had been sprayed with some Nikwax treatment I found kicking around at work and seemed to be ok, but the combination of slipping and sliding through the liquid mud going down to Springfield and then 4 hours of windblown sleet basically did them in.
The new ones are supposed to be Stalingrad Grade apparently, we shall see on the 14th... ;D
Gloves wise I've been trying to find a pair of insulated, waterproof fishing gloves that a mate had but so far to no avail.

SuffolkRifle

• SEFTA Member
Now got leather boots, supposedly waterproof from the start, but have started 'work' on them so the leather, at least, will be waterproof, just hope that the soles stand up to it